Manager of Family Services
A Manager of Family Services is an additional source of support for parents, guardians, teachers or assistants, to help with a wide variety of issues. Any issue large or small that you may require assistance with, our MFS is here to help. If she can’t directly help, she will find someone who can. She works impartially and confidentially with advice and/or support.
Some examples of support are:
- Life Management
• Job Support
• Education Transitioning
• Parent Advocate
• Accessing Services in the community
• Housing Preparation/Options
• Program and funding access
• Teacher Resource Materials/Workshops/Training
• Support Community Programs
• Coordinate therapy services with our contract OT, PT, SLP and BT.
• Help families with AISH, PDD and FSCD
• Coordinating with the existing Visiting Parents Team that goes into private homes and hospitals and connects with new parents of a child born with Down syndrome.
•Presentations on Down syndrome to daycares, schools, and organizations within our mandated
And referrals to the Edmonton Down Syndrome Clinic at the Stollery Children's Hospital.
You do not need to be a member of EDSS to register with the Manager of Family Services. Anyone who has a family member with Down Syndrome (age 0 and up) is welcome. Families can self refer, educator referral, Health Care Professional referral or FSCD referral. All families registered with the Manager of Family Services will receive information on upcoming EDSS workshops & webinars, Wonder Year events and community events.
9139 39 Ave NW
Monday – Friday, 9 to 4 pm