Join us in building …
THE POSITION: Reporting to the Governance Board, the Executive Director holds a key leadership position in the Edmonton Down Syndrome Society and is responsible for fiscal management, overseeing administration, human resources, and programs. The Executive Director is highly committed in supporting all individuals born with Down syndrome in achieving their fullest potential.
- Ensuring effective and efficient operations and management of all staff, contractors, services, and programs including volunteer-run programs overseen by the Steering Committee.
- Evaluating current policies and procedures and ensure that they align with organizational priorities.
- Working collaboratively with the Steering Committee by providing support and advice to continue developing and implementing strategic goals to advance the organization towards a shared vision.
- Delivering day-to-day operation of budget and managing all data.
- Ensuring that the annual budget is aligned with organizations priorities.
- Broadening our philanthropic giving from individuals, corporations and through grants and alternate sources.
STAKEHOLDER & GOVERNMENT RELATIONSHIPS
- Developing and maintaining credible and authentic relationships with internal and external stakeholder groups including, employees; contractors; members; volunteers; Steering Committee; community partners, and donors.
- Developing and enhancing relationships with various levels of government and other local, provincial and national organizations within this field.
- Fundraising and broadening EDSS’ philanthropic giving from individuals, corporations and through grants and alternate sources to support our Mission.
- Communicating and ensuring that the Governance Board is apprised of pertinent information to make appropriate and timely decisions.
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES
- Play an instrumental role in the creation, development and advancement of developing full functioning staff with clearly defined roles and responsibilities.
- Increase access to government funding and philanthropic dollars.
- Develop, foster and enhance relationships with key external stakeholders, members and employees.
Minimum Educational/Experience Requirements
- Post-secondary education in a related field or industry related program, or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in progressively senior management positions.
- Previous management experience including hiring, coaching, performance management, daily operations supervision and discipline.
- Demonstrated success in facility management and operations, revenue generation, staff retention, non-profit and fiscal management.
- A strategic thinker with strong leaderships skills.
- An articulate communicator (written & verbal) with highly effective presentation and public speaking skills.
- Must pass a criminal record check, including Vulnerable Sector Search and Child Welfare check as a condition of employment.
Job Description available upon request.
Compensation negotiable based on experience.
Flexible work schedule possible to promote a work-life balance.
Application deadline: Friday, March 08, 2019 by 4:00 PM
Attention: Executive Director Hiring Committee
Edmonton Down Syndrome Society
9139 – 39 Ave. NW
Edmonton, AB T6E 5Y2
Edmonton Down Syndrome Society’s mission is to benefit people with Down syndrome and their families by providing information and support, facilitating services and promoting inclusion through public awareness and advocacy, in collaboration with community partners.