You can renew or register for your membership online here: 2019 Regular Annual Membership
You may also print and fill out this form: 2019 Membership Form
and bring it into the office.
Our membership has now grown and comprises more than 260 families as registered members of our organization. They represent every age group, from pre-birth to end-of-life, and each unique story provides context and hope for the next generation of parents and families.
While the EDSS supports all those individuals born with Down syndrome and their families, we also welcome those families who have children with obscure chromosomal anomalies (OCA) who present with developmental and medical challenges similar to those with Down syndrome.
Becoming a member
Membership is available for families, individuals or organizations. Membership can be registered throughout the year, and renews each December for the following January.
The annual Membership fee is $40
Your 2019 EDSS membership includes:
- Access to Family Support Liaison (FSL), access to EDSS members Facebook group (private),
networking opportunities for families, peer to peer support (Visiting Parents Team), learning
sessions with guest speakers, weekly newsletters, family-oriented social events… and more!
- Vote at the Edmonton Down Syndrome Society Annual General Meeting (AGM)
- Chateau Lacombe Member room rates of $75.00/night (Please contact office for more details)
- Access to extensive resources/information specific to Down syndrome available from our
resource lending library and our FSL.
- Access to in-service learning (schools, daycares) about what Ds is, possible medical concerns
and how it would affect them in the classroom and tips and tools to support positive behavior.
- "Getting down with the News", the EDSS Quarterly Newsletter.
*If your EDSS membership is for a person born with Down syndrome (Ds) they will have access to programs such as: speech therapy (subsidized), social programs, physiotherapy (subsidized), occupational therapy (subsidized), access to our Developmental Therapist (subsidized), drop in baby-toddler group and activity groups for all ages.
EDSS programs are only for members born with Ds.
To become a member, mail completed membership form and cheques payable to EDSS to:
Edmonton Down Syndrome Society
9139 39 Ave NW
Edmonton, AB T6E 5Y2
Withdrawal of Membership
- A member may withdraw from the society by tendering his/her resignation in writing, either by email or letter, to the office.
- A member may be expelled from the organization if they have given cause. This can only take place by a unanimous vote by the Board of Directors.
- Loss of membership may occur if membership dues are not paid within the grace period (30 days).