SPEECH LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST
Join us in building…. Endless Potential!
Edmonton Down Syndrome Society is seeking a Speech Language Pathologist to join our team of contract therapists
Is to benefit people with Down syndrome and their families by providing information and support, facilitating services, and promoting inclusion through public awareness and advocacy, in collaboration with community partners.
A community that values all people with Down syndrome and supports them in achieving their full potential.
- Diversity in our board, staff, volunteers, and membership
- Dignity, respect, and equality for all people
- The inclusion of people with Down syndrome in society
- The excellence and commitment of our board, volunteers and partners in their roles supporting the rights and abilities of people with Down syndrome.
- Integrate strategies into natural environments and activities.
- Work with infants, children, and their families in relation to Speech-Language Pathology
- Assess and manage feeding and swallowing issues with clients.
- Effectively communicate with other healthcare professionals
- Be committed to a family-centered care.
- Master of Science in Speech and Language Therapy, plus three years of direct experience
- Registered with the Alberta College of Speech and Language Pathologists and Audiologists (Practice Permit) is mandatory.
- Knowledge of the selection and design of alternative and augmentative communication systems
- Understanding of the Pyramid of Intervention (the integration of broad-based supports/strategies, as well as small group and individual strategies are critical.
- Strong assessment and problem-solving skills are required to identify and address developmental and educational delays.
- Effective decision making and leadership qualities.
- Ability to work independently.
- Possibility of supervision of SLPAs
- Prior to employment, successful candidates will be required to submit Police Information Check and Intervention Record Check documents.
- Candidates must be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident
Compensation: $90.00 +
Immediate contractor positions available with flexible hours.
All clients are seen at the EDSS centre in our therapy rooms. All paperwork such as invoicing, booking appointments etc., are completed by EDSS staff.
Start Date: TBD.
If this opportunity interests you, and you meet all the above requirements, please address you resume and cover letter to Julie Boucher and send to Julie@edss.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected
for interviews will be contacted.