Our membership has now grown and comprises more than 300 families as registered members of our organization. They represent every age group, from pre-birth to end-of-life, and each unique story provides context and hope for the next generation of parents and families.
You can renew or register for your 2022 membership online here: Once complete, please send to email@example.com and we will send you an invoice to pay for your membership fees.
While the EDSS supports all those individuals born with Down syndrome and their families, we also welcome those families who have children with obscure chromosomal anomalies (OCA) who present with developmental and medical challenges similar to those with Down syndrome.
Becoming a member
Membership is available for families, individuals or organizations. Membership can be registered throughout the year, and renews each December for the following January.
The annual Membership fee is $40
Your 2022 EDSS membership includes:
- Access to Manager of Family Services (MFS), to help families navigate the disability system and provide support to parents in accessing programs and services for their children throughout their journey.
- Access to networking opportunities for families, peer-to-peer support, Visiting Parents Team, learning sessions with guest speakers, weekly newsletters, family-orientated social events... and more!
- One vote per membership at the Edmonton Down Syndrome Society’s Annual General Meeting (AGM).
- Access to extensive resources/information specific to Down syndrome available from our resource lending library and our MFS.
- Access to in-service learning (schools, daycares) about what Ds is, possible medical concerns, how Ds could affect them in the classroom and tips and tools to support positive behavior.
*If your EDSS membership is for a person born with Ds they will have access to programs such as: Subsidized speech therapy, Occupational Therapy, Behaviour therapy, Physiotherapy, and Musical Theatre and in our new Joey Moss Literacy Centre for Excellence, we run literacy and numeracy programs, vocational skills, and independent living programs for adults 16+. There are also social programs, drop in baby-toddler group and activity groups for all ages.
EDSS programs are only for members born with Ds.
Thank you for your support!
To become a member, mail completed membership form and cheque payable to EDSS to:
Edmonton Down Syndrome Society
9139 39 Ave NW
Edmonton, AB T6E 5Y2
Withdrawal of Membership
- A member may withdraw from the society by tendering his/her resignation in writing, either by email or letter, to the office.
- A member may be expelled from the organization if they have given cause. This can only take place by a unanimous vote by the Board of Directors.
- Loss of membership may occur if membership dues are not paid within the grace period (30 days).